Subject to the conditions, exclusions and limitations stated herein, Skydome Skylight Systems Pty Ltd (Skydome) warrants that its selected products (Product) are free from defects in material, manufacture and workmanship.
The duration of this Warranty begins on the date the Product is first sold by Skydome and purchased from Skydome by any third party (You) and continues for the selected period as set out below (relevant ‘Warranty Period’);
|Original Regent Products (which includes) Skydome – branded products||7 years|
|Original Tubelight Products||7 years|
|DayRay Solar Panels||5 years|
|DayRay Components||3 years|
|Non-Regent Manufactured Products, such as motors, Electrical items, blinds etc.||12 months|
Where Skydome installs the Products, Skydome warrants its installation services for the Products for a period of 7 years after installation.
No repair or replacement during the Warranty Period will renew or extend the Warranty Period past the Warranty Period set out above.
Exclusions from this Warranty
This Warranty does not cover any of the following:
- 1. Change of mind
- 2. Installation work unless this was performed by Skydome at the time of installation of the Product;
- 3. Defects or damages arising out of shipment by common carriers, private transportation or other means of transportation;
- 4. Defects or damages arising out of improper handling or cleaning, lack of maintenance, unauthorised modifications to the Product, deterioration caused by salt spray, environmental chemical or industrial fallout. accident, acts of God, storm, tempest, flood or fire, misuse or abuse, collateral damage to any other property or any other circumstances beyond the control of Regent;
- 5. Damage or problems caused by the use of an accessory, component, equipment or replacement part not supplied by Skydome;
- 6. Damage or defects that are made known to You at the time of purchase of the Products;
- 7. Products subjected to stress resulting from:
- (a) Localised application of heat;
- (b) Movement of building and/or building components; or
- (c) Expansion or contraction of framing members;
- 8. Replacement Products beyond the balance of the remaining Warranty Period applicable to the original Product and or accessory which is replaced;
- 9. Labour, shipping or other charges incurred or claimed by You or any other person;
- 10. Installation other than as part of a general supply and install contract between You and Skydome, which is not transferable or that is not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
- 11. Misuse, negligence or abnormal use of the Products;
- 12. Improper, incomplete or incorrect installation or fitment;
- 13. Normal wear and tear;
- 14. Damage or problems or unsatisfactory performance resulting from operation at conditions outside the operating conditions specified in the technical literature applicable to the Product;
- 15. The correction of any Product fault or problem;
- 16. Damage or problems or unsatisfactory performance resulting from misapplication of the Product;
- 17. Your attempt to repair a defect in the Product yourself or by engaging a third party; or
- 18. Products supplied but not manufactured by Skydome. These products carry the same warranty as provided by their respective manufacturers, details of which shall be provided in writing on request.
Your Responsibility as Owner of the Products
You, as owner of the Products, are responsible for the correct operation, care and regular maintenance of the Products. In addition to any specific instructions set out in this Warranty, You must operate, care for and maintain the Products in accordance with the operating instructions, technical specifications, service guidelines and any other information supplied or communicated to You by Skydome or its representatives from time to time.
Specific Instructions for Care
(a) Dome and Glass Products – The dome or glass on your skylight should be cleaned 2-3 times a year. Wipe the inside with a soft damp cloth and wash outside with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. Do not use solvent based cleaners or harsh abrasives.
(b) Base Flashing Products – The base (outside metal surrounds) of your skylight should be kept clear of leaves and debris to stop leaks and prevent corrosion. These steps will save You having to pay for unnecessary service calls.
(c) NEVER CLEAN YOUR SKYLIGHT WITH A HOSE
How to make a Warranty Claim
If within the applicable Warranty Period you discover a potential defect in the Product which You consider is covered by this Warranty, You can lodge a Warranty claim with Skydome by sending Warranty claim to the following delivery addresses only:
QLD Head Office
836 Boundary Road,
Coopers Plains, QLD 4108
Unit 4/30 Artisan Road,
Seven Hills, NSW 1730
Your Warranty claim MUST:
- (a) Be in writing;
- (b) Identify the Product (include details of the size, design, type, and model number);
- (c) Attach the original invoice or other proof of purchase document disclosing the purchase date from Skydome, and clearly state the invoice number and invoice date;
- (d) state the place of purchase and the date of delivery to You; and
- (e) Include an adequate written description of the alleged defect(s).
- (a) Permit Skydome or its representative(s) to inspect the Product for the alleged defect(s);
- (b) Respond to all questions asked by Skydome to You that are designed to assist Regent with ascertaining the potential defects and the extent of any such defects.
Once Skydome receives a Warranty claim that complies in all essential respects with the above requirements, Skydome will assess the validity of the Warranty Claim. If it deems that the Warranty Claim is valid, it will inform You of how it will honour it (see below). During this process You must, at Skydome’s request:
How a Valid Warranty Claim will be Honoured
Subject to Skydome assessing Your Warranty Claim as valid, Skydome will, at its sole option:
(a) With respect to the Product:
- i. Repair the product; or
- ii. Provide a replacement Product (or part, as appropriate) of like kind and design; and
The repair or replacement of the Product will be carried out at an approved Skydome repairer without cost to You for parts of direct repair labour only. To the extent permitted by law, Skydome will not be responsible in any event for shipping, labour, removal of original Product, installation and expenses or other costs claimed or incurred by You, including consequential damages. Installation services will only be covered by Skydome where it has installed the Products, in which case the Warranty shall be limited to re-installation and/or installing the replaced component or the replaced item of goods to the extent of the original work forming part of Skydome’s responsibility. Any associated or consequential work is specifically excluded from this Warranty.
Where the Product is located in excess of a 30 km radius from an approved Regent repairer then, at Skydomes discretion, a charge for travel to and from the site may be applicable at current charge out rates.
Limitations on Warranty Disclaimers
If the supply of the Product is a consumer sale pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the following statement applies. In this statement; ‘goods’ means Products, ‘our’ means ‘Skydome’ and ‘you’ means You.
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- (a) to cancel your service contract with us; and
- (b) to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund or any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
The rights given by this Warranty are in addition to Your statutory rights.
To the extent permitted by law, all other warranties implied or otherwise that are not set out in this Warranty and Skydome shall be under no liability in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise to compensate the party eligible to make a warranty claim for:
- (a) any increased costs or expenses;
- (b) any loss of profit, revenue, business, contracts or anticipated savings;
- (c) any loss or expense resulting from a claim by a third party; and
- (c) any special, indirect or consequential losses or damages caused by Skydome’s failure to complete or delay in completing any of its obligations in this Warranty.
Unless modified in writing and signed by both Skydome and You, this Warranty is the complete and exclusive Warranty relating to the Products, superseding all earlier agreements and other communications relating to the Products. No employee of Skydome or any other party is authorised to make any Warranty in addition to this Warranty. Invalidation of any one or more of the provisions of this Warranty shall not invalidate or affect any one of the other provisions.
This Warranty is only transferable between a representative or authorised reseller of Skydome and the end user consumer.
NOTE – If You have any questions or comments in relation to this Warranty, please contact Regent directly by sending postal correspondence to the PO Boxes set out in this Warranty or by telephoning Regent on (07) 3274 3344